View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 An Xfire FAQ 
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

Q: Why an FAQ on Xfire, Chaz?
A: The admin and many mods on this forum use Xfire for their communications. If you can't get us by any other means, you can usually find us on Xfire! (Check the box to the left of this post for my Xfire name. That's where you'll get the Xfire names of members who have chosen to share it. :D

Q: Oooookay.... so what the heck is Xfire anyways?
A: Xfire is a very very handy IM client which allows folks to talk while playing their favourite games! ...What? You think just because we guard this forum we don't have time to play games?! It's also very handy for getting game files such as important patches and such :)

Q: Sounds cool! Where can I get it?
A: Go to www.xfire.com and you'll find it. You'll also need to register an account. You could always do this while waiting for the download/install to finish :D

Q: Okay, I've downloaded and installed Xfire, and I've created my profile. What next?
A: You start adding friends! Click the + symbol on your interface and you can start adding friends. As aforementioned, some of us have conveniently placed our Xfire names in our profiles :)

Q: So what was this about talking in games?
A: To talk inside a game, press Scroll Lock and X together to bring up the window, then go find the person you want to talk to. Unless they've talked to you first, in which case you'll automatically go to a chat between you and the person who contacted you. If you want to switch to another friend at any time, press F3 to go to the friends list.

Q: AARGH THE SOUNDS ARE ANNOYING MEEEEEEE
A: ... ^_^; that's not a question. But I hear ya. I hate that goddam "riiiiip" noise when someone IMs me in game. Scares the hell out of me when I'm lining up a shot. To turn sounds off, go to 'Tools -> Options' then select the 'sounds' tab, then untick all that apply to your irritation. :3

Q: Some douchebag keeps spamming my IMs. Can I shut him up?
A: This has happened to me before. To ignore someone, right click their name then click "Remove Friend". If they're not on your list, they can't talk to you.

More questions as I think of/are asked them! :D

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:07 pm
Alpha Member
Alpha Member

8O  ok

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:54 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]